All started some years ago when I created some Windows Shell scripts such as vbs/batch etc. to automate computer tasks at home and at the company I worked for. After that period, I started to integrate them within some PowerShell scripts. Some of those batch files converted to executables. Short time after I thought, hmm is there a way to build a beautifully crafted UI and bring all those scripts into a single executable without the need to install it? Well, I accepted that challenge and looked around for options. I was looking for a product I can rely on for all my needs such as
• having a universal Scripting IDE for all my administrative as well as web-development tasks;
• having a Windows PowerShell integrated scripting and tool-making environment for x86/x64;
• In-house support or forum access to ask diverse tool making questions when struggling with any problems when using the software, the way I like;
• finally, not to be so expensive, to cover with one license two development machines and to be able to migrate easily the installation across devices when needed.
• PowerShell Studio is the premier editor and tool-making environment for Windows PowerShell.
• VersionRecall is the simplest way to manage multiple versions of files on your computer.
• WMI Explorer discover WMI - get a handle on WMI classes and their properties and methods.
• PrimalSQL makes database query development and testing a snap, regardless of your database type or vendor.
• PrimalXML provides you with the core set of functionality that you need to get your job done.
• PowerShell Module Manager is the essential tool for centrally managing all PowerShell modules installed on your machine.
• PowerShell HelpWriter the first professionally designed environment for writing and editing Windows PowerShell help files.
Since 2018, I usually work using Sapien PowerShell Studio/PrimalScript/WMI Explorer/Version Recall.
I am sharing below some screenshots about the happiness I have when using such powerful suite with tools at the fingertips. I am a happy user using the Dark Mode Template :).
So, the app I tried building consist of the below functionality:
• BASIC LOGS - SUMMARY
The Data is collected in csv/xls(x)/xml/txt/csv file formats. The exported data is set to be saved in the Current Directory where the App is run.
The file is set to look like: computername_x64/x86 Architecture. For example: MyPC-name__SUMMARY_WIN7_SP1_x64.txt .
• ADVANCED LOGS:
Windows OS activations;
Windows update log;
Proxy Configuration settings
Deployment, servicing logs [ still under development and testing ].
Archive collected logs [ still under development and testing ].
• Changelog tab – more information about the application. Information about the help files / documentation etc.
• About the project tab - why I wanted to give it a try to create it ?
I listed below some screenshots of the application – AdminLogsToolkit, created for the x86 and x64 Platform.